THE N'WEST IOWA REVIEW
GAME DAY CHALLENGE CONTEST RULES
IOWA INFORMATION (“Company”) is conducting a GAME DAY CHALLENGE Contest (the “Contest”) utilizing its proprietary “Pick-Em” games platform (the “Platform”). The purpose of the Contest is to engage the local audience with a contest in which they have an opportunity to win a prize. The Contest is subject to the following Rules:
1. PARTICIPATION IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAW AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
2. PARTICIPATION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF RULES AND DECISIONS, CONSENT TO USE AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS. By entering this contest or utilizing the Platform, each participant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by these contest rules ("Official Rules") and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the contest or game. Participation in this contest constitutes participant's full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Company, and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, partners and agents (collectively "Sponsor"), which are final, binding and non-negotiable in all respects. Each participant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and advertising and promotion agencies from any liability arising from or related to the Contest, including without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Further, each participant fully and unconditionally releases all claims for consideration, copyright infringement and all other claims of any nature relating to the use of participant's entry, name or likeness.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation is open to anyone 18 years of age and older. Proof of age and identity must be furnished upon request. Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, suspend or amend this contest at any time for any reason without prior notice. Company further reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time without prior notice, in its sole discretion. Company reserves the right to disqualify any participant for any reason, including, but not limited to, violation of these Official Rules or infringement of the rights of a third-party. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. Company is not responsible for any printing or typographical errors in any material associated with the contest.
4. TO PARTICIPATE. Picking opens at 3 p.m. on Mondays each week and closes at 7 p.m. on Fridays. Starting Aug. 26 and ending Oct. 25, 2019.
A. To participate, go to the CONTEST REGISTRATION PAGE and fill out the online entry form as instructed. All entries must be completed prior to 7 p.m. each Friday night during the contest.
B. ALTERNATE FORM OF ENTRY. Each week there is a print ad in the sports section of The N'West Iowa REVIEW. Fill out the form from the print edition as instructed and mail-in.
ONLY ONE ENTRY PER INDIVIDUAL PER WEEK. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of delivery. By submitting an entry, participants agree to abide by these Official Rules. Automated entries or entries generated by robots or scripts are prohibited and will result in disqualification of any and all associated entrants. Persons submitting entries under false pretenses will be disqualified. If for any reason the Contest or Platform is not capable of running as planned, including infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the contest, Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest/game. Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest. Company has no obligation to notify a participant of his/her disqualification. CAUTION: Any attempt by a participant to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest or Platform may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and Company reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. Company is not responsible for any lost, illegible or misdirected entries. Entries will not be returned and will become the property of Company for promotional and other use, and by entering participants assign any and all rights in and to the entries, and copyrights thereof, to Company. By entering, each participant authorizes Company to use his or her name, likeness and image in its advertising and promotion. By entering, each participant releases, indemnifies and agrees to hold harmless Company and their respective directors, officers and employees, from any and all claims, liabilities, losses or damages of any kind whatsoever resulting in whole or in part from their participation in the Contest.
5. IDENTIFICATION OF WINNER. Company will contact the winner(s) within five days following the Friday night football games each week. Company will contact the winning participants by e-mail by the information provided on the Eligible Entry. A winning participant must claim the prize no later than ten (10) days after notice. Instructions will be provided to the winner via said e-mail. No prize will be awarded until such documentation is received by Company.
6. PRIZE. One prize will be awarded for the top score each week (for the 9 week contest) and one grand prize at the end of the contest. Prizes based upon total score. Total score is calculated by (1) 100 points for each game in which the correct winner was selected, (2) up to an additional 100 points for selecting the exact score of the featured game each week. In the event of a tie, the precedence level of the tie-breakers are as follows: The picks submitted the earliest will be awarded as the winner. No prize may be transferred or substituted by a participant. Company reserves the right to change any actual prize at any time during the contest. In this event, every effort will be made to provide a prize of like estimated value. Company does not warrant or make any representations in connection with the prize, express or implied. Any gift cards awarded as prizes are not redeemable for cash except where required by law. Lost or stolen gift cards cannot be replaced. To check a card balance follow the instructions on the gift card. All costs and expenses not specified in the above prize descriptions are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual cost of any prize will not be awarded. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded, and if by reason of an error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in the Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
7. PRESENTER: This contest is presented by Joe's TV & Appliance.
8. MISCELLANEOUS. Everything for this contest is provided as is, without warranty of any kind, express or implied. By entering, participants consent to the exclusive venue and jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Iowa, in all disputes arising out of or related to these rules or this contest. This contest is governed and construed under the laws of the State of Iowa, excluding its conflict of laws principles.